14 October 2014

Guest post from Not Your Average Nails: Plaid nails

Hello,
We've reached the last guest in the guest post series. :( However, there's no time to be sad because it's a great blogger with yet another amazing design! Let's have a look!
---

Hello everyone! I'm Becca from Not Your Average Nails and I'm very excited to be doing a guest post for the lovely Nerdy & Fleurty today! I've only ever done one guest post before and it's fun to be doing so again!
 

Today's manicure is a second attempt at a design I tried a few weeks ago and wasn't very please with. I had originally done a white, black and grey plaid to go with the maroon accent nails but I just wasn't feeling it. This time around I decided to incorporate the Maroon (Cabaret by Ciaté) into the design and it turned out way better!


I also switched out the plaid for argyle which made a big difference as well. This is also my first design using flocking (or crushed velvet) which was quite the adventure. It gets literally everywhere! It looks and feels really cool when you put it on, but it does seem to come off really quickly. Still, it's a really cool one-day-only embellishment.



The products that I used for this design are:
Ciaté - Cabaret
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Licorice
Sally Hansen - White On
Seche Vite - Quick Dry Top Coat
Ciaté Crushed Velvet
2mm Square Gold Studs

And that's it! Thank you so much to Nerdy & Fleurty for inviting me to do this guest post, it was fun!
 ---
Crushed velvet goes really well with plaid nails. I'll remember that! ;)
Thank you Becca for this wonderful final post in the guest post series! What do you think of this design?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...