8 October 2014

Guest post from Nailuminium: alternative tribal

Hello!
I've another guest op the blog. This time it's the great and talented Marge from Nailuminium! I'm so excited for this one, hope you like it too! :)
---


Hello everyone! I’m Marge from Nailuminium and this is actually the first time I’m doing a guest post. Ever. I have a lot of manicures photographed and waiting to be posted right now, so I didn’t make a new one for this post, instead of that I just chose one I did few weeks ago, during my short-nails period.



I’ve been having a creative crisis lately and I was pretty desperate when I started doing this design. First I painted my nails beige, that’s what I do when I’m lost. When the base dried I sponged on a bit of white, not knowing what I wanted to end up with.




Polishes I used:

Rimmel 367 Bare Necessities

Rimmel 703 White Hot Love



I think I had some sort of tribal design in mind when I continued with stripes over the beige-white surface. I used one of my cheapest striper brushes (below), it’s from the time when I used to buy all my brushes at a craft store and cut them down to appropriate size.




At the end I sealed the design with Essence Better Than Gel Nails high gloss top coat. I was unhappy with the outcome at first, but I got to like it after few days of wearing.

That’s pretty much it from me, thank you Nerdy & Fleurty for having me, it feels kind of nice and refreshing to write a post for someone else instead of for my own blog. Good luck with blogging (and creativity and all, and know what I’m saying with my crisis still around :D )!
Thanks for reading and have a nice day you all!

---
I love how subtle the white sponging is. It makes the design look more tribal. I hope what I'm saying makes sense to you! :) However, thank you Marge for making this guest post!
What do you guys think? 
 

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...