23 October 2014

10 days of Halloween: eyeballs

Hellooooo,

Today I'll show you another Halloween related design. I'm pretty excited about this one, because it turned out great! 
As the title suggest I have made some eyeballs nail art. For this design I searched for inspiration on other blogs. I came across the eyeballs design of Chalkboard Nails and I used her tutorial a bit for my idea. Let's take a look at what I did!


Nice huh? You can really see I'm happy with the final result! :) When I showed it to my sister, she was a bit shocked but thought it was cool.
Here's the gif I made for today's tutorial:


How can you achieve this look?
1. Start with white polish on two nails. The rest should be in a deep purple colour.
2. Make big white dots on the nails with purple polish. Use a dotting tool for this step.
3. Next you draw some capillaries using red polish/acrylic paint on a thin brush. This means random stripes on the edge of the white area.
4. Choose 3 colours for the iris (e.g. blue, brown and green) and make a dot in the middle of the white area.
5. Now take a smaller dotting tool and black polish. Make a dot inside the iris.
6. Add a smaller white dot in the top right 'corner' of the black dot.
7. Seal it with a top coat and you're done!

It may sound difficult, but it's really easy. I managed to finish this design in less than 1 hour (photographing included!), so that should encourage you to try it!

Do you like it? Is it scary enough for Halloween?

2 comments :

  1. Oh wow these look really awesome!! I love the purple polish you picked as a background a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The purple polish is Rimmel London's Midnight rendezvous. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...