26 October 2014

10 days of Halloween: Bloody splatter

Helloooo,

For today's nail art I tried a new technique: splatter nails! I've wanted to try this for so long now and I finally managed to do it! I can already tell you I loved it and will do it again!


As you can see I combined it with a bloody fingerprint. I saw this idea on Roaring Nails. I loved it so much I had to try it myself. However, I slightly changed it. Robin used red nail polish for the print and I used red acrylic paint. (I think it's less messy!)
The splatter itself went pretty easy. Although I used red polish, the clean up wasn't that hard. I like how different my nails are. There's no way to make them all similar. That makes them so unique! ;)


Here are the steps for today's tutorial:
1. Start with white nail polish.
2. Use tape to put around your nails. This way the clean up will be easier.
3. Cut a straw in 2 pieces. Take 1 piece and dip it in red polish. Blow through the straw to create this splatter look. (tip: make sure there's enough polish on the straw.)
4. Remove the tape and clean up all the excesses with acetone.
5. Put some red acrylic paint on your fingertip and press your finger onto your nail. Now you've created a fingerprint. (tip: wash your finger with some water to easily remove the red paint.)
6. Seal it in with a top coat and you're done!

Well, are you loving these bloody fingers as much as I do? :)

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...